Tens of thousands of people in the United States are seriously injured or die each year as the result of another person’s fault. If you or someone you know was seriously injured through no fault of your own, let us evaluate your case.According to a comprehensive hospital study by Harvard University, more than 1 million people suffer injuries each year as a result of mistakes caused by doctors, anesthesiologists, residents, nurses, technicians, and malfunctioning medical devices. Medical malpractice also happens in other settings, such as doctors’ offices or nursing homes. Most victims never know their injuries were due to medical error. And most never sue.
- Investigations into personal injury cases often reveal medical malpractice on the part of doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Many investigations lead to successful medical malpractice lawsuits
- Catastrophic injuries can result from failure to diagnose a disease in a timely manner, inattention to patients, or birth injuries due to negligence
- Patients suffer injuries ranging from birth defects to brain damage to spinal cord injuries. In many cases, the patient dies
As many as 98,000 Americans die annually from preventable medical errors
Contracting infections while being hospitalized is one of the most common instances of medical malpractice.
- A survey of Pennsylvania hospitals found that 19,154 patients were infected in a hospital in 2005 and that 2,478 died
- An Institute of Medicine study estimated that as many as 98,000 Americans die each year from preventable medical errors
- An average of more than one person in the United States dies from a medication error every day
If you or a loved were the victim of medical malpractice, contact Boonswang Law for a free evaluation of your case.